Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Honoring 9/11


Today let us not forget those who lost their lives in this tragic time in all of our lives. We were ATTACKED! All of us in one shape or form.. As for me, my husband SMSGT Rodriguez (retired USAF) was station in Saudi Arabia at the time of 9/11. I remember so clearly how on that day I went to work and saw what was unfolding like every AMERICAN on TV. It was such a beautiful day, our daughter was at home, I had talked to my husband about 3 AM had our usual conversation. Then this happen, I felt such pain in my heart for all those I could see running under that heavy smoke.. All those poor souls that jumped out of the building.. But I was going through my own tragedy, my husband.. The service called me that morning to tell me they moved my husband and his fellow soldiers to an undisclosed location. I ask if they were ok and they said when he can call you he will let you know how everything is going. For 5 days not knowing was the hardest time I could go through. Then on that 5th day I finally got the call. "I am ok." Joy to my ears and has been a joy everyday hearing his sweet voice. I thank GOD everyday for my husband and I pray for all those whose husband did not come home. So today let us come together all across the world and pray for those who lost their lives, for those who were injured that day and have not recovered since, and let us pray for those who protect us everyday. GOD BLESS the USA..

2 comments: